EDIS Online User Guide
To install EDIS, copy the installation ZIP file you received when you purchased the program onto the desktop of the Windows PC Workstation or Server that hosts the SQL Server you want to install EDIS onto. Once unzipped, doubled click “setup.exe”. From there, you will be presented with a screen asking you for the license # (if applicable – EDIS Standard does not require a license) as well as the SQL Server instance to install the program onto.
When you click the install button, the program will perform the following security checks prior to installation. These checks will verify that:
1) You are a sysadmin on the target SQL Server
2) You are logged into the Windows Workstation PC or Server that hosts the SQL Server
3) You have local administration rights on the Windows Workstation PC or Server
4) The version of SQL Server is 2012, 2014, or 2016
5) The SSISDB Catalog has been installed on the SQL Server
a. If the SSISDB Catalog has not been deployed, simply log into SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio) and right-click on the folder “Integration Services Catalog” at the bottom of the navigation tree, and click “Create Catalog”.
If any of the checks above do not succeed, you will be notified and the program will not install.